The Boyum Produmex Manufacturing add-on is an MRP 2 (manufacturing resource planning) concept that supports production scheduling on additional planning levels. It is the ideal solution for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) faced with the task of balancing supply and demand according to the availability of materials and capacity.
Boyum Produmex Manufacturing has received multiple certifications and awards and is a globally available solution for SAP Business One. After constantly being developed for years, it now provides solutions to more than 200 international customers.
Over the past few years, the basic characteristics have been further improved to make the software ideally tailored to the application opportunities of SAP Business One. In practical applications, the Produmex Manufacturing add-on is limited to a manageable size, avoiding unnecessarily complicated functionality.
SAP Business One concepts were adopted from the very start, and the add-on was developed modularly. This means that it can be configured with SAP Business One development tools such as user tables, UDFs (user-defined fields), SAP UI forms, user queries, and the SAP DI API.
- Backward scheduling.
- MRP2 with configurable and fully automatable scheduling.
- Multi-dimensional machine scheduling, work competence matrix, and tool availability.
- Parallel and overlapping processes are supported.
- Allocation windows for many factors of standard SAP Business One production orders.
- Mobile data entry and quality control with production controls.
- Cost calculation for production orders and parts lists.
- Input data and results of all calculations are automatically saved in Produmex Manufacturing so that they are available for cost controlling analysis.
- Manufacturing resource capacity (machines, labor, tools) can be planned for optimal performance and maximum throughput.
- Fully configurable automated production scheduling.
- Manual rescheduling is also supported.
- The deadlines generated by the Produmex Manufacturing add-on are compared against the available resource capacities (unlimited capacity can also be selected).
- Optimized use of resources improves cost-efficiency and production quality.
- Orders are planned at the start of each process with Produmex Manufacturing rather than at the start of the whole production order, allowing even longer production processes to be perfectly modeled.
- Operating data entry recognizes and avoids potential bottlenecks by detecting potential delays at an early stage.
- Relevant operating times can be adjusted and refined in Produmex Manufacturing by recording and analyzing operating data.
- Quality control problems can be recognized at an early stage and addressed just-in-time in the production process.